Monday, February 24, 2014

Come Alive

In keeping with my usual procrastinating self (I mean, I graduate in two months so why change now? Am I right?) I found myself thinking about potential blog posts this afternoon instead of working on an assignment that is due tomorrow.

And now here we are...

I am going to let you in on a secret about myself: I love enthusiastic people. There is nothing more captivating than someone who is truly passionate about something, and has no problem showing it. It took me a while to pinpoint the quality that makes a personality just a little bit more magical, but I've recently discovered that it is this, enthusiasm, that adds that certain sparkle to an already magnetic soul.

If you know me, you know that I have an extreme affinity for quotes and song lyrics. I keep a small leather journal that is filled with my own scribblings, interjected with my favorite sayings and passages. I often have trouble stringing my own thoughts and feelings into comprehensible sentences, and have found that, usually, someone else has already done so in a more eloquent and vivid way than I ever could.

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

How incredible it is to imagine that you might only be existing, instead of being alive.

I pride myself on my ability to read people, and imagine that I possess a very intuitive charisma. More often than not, I am able to get a good glimpse of a person's soul simply by being in their presence for a period of time. I have found that the people that I truly connect with are always those who display an enthusiasm for something. Whether it be life, friendship, the outdoors, cooking, music, cats, or hell, even underwater basket-weaving...they are alive and on fire for something, and it shows.

"...what the world needs is people who have come alive."

I can only hope that the reiteration of that phrase has the same effect on you as it does me.

What kind of world would we live in if enthusiasm didn't exist? If apathy and indifference reigned
supreme over exhilaration and vivacity. Take note of how beautiful those last words sound compared to the former...

What I am trying to convey through all of this rambling is the idea to be alive. Be enthusiastic. Live dynamically, and with conviction. Find your passion and let the world know what it is. Let it explode out of your fingertips. Leave people stunned in your wake, wondering how one person could possibly have that much life inside of them.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Come alive.

-Bre






No comments:

Post a Comment