Saturday, March 17, 2012

Standing Outside the Fire

Hello everyone! I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so please bear with me for the next few weeks! :)  I was inspired to start blogging by a handful of smart, beautiful women; some friends, and some role models. Recently, I've begun keeping a journal of sorts where I write down inspirational quotes, song lyrics, and thoughts and insights that I feel are worth recording. I started realizing that I wanted to share those things with everyone, and not just keep them to myself...and what better place to do that than a blog!

The title of my blog, "Dancing in the Flame," is a take off one of my favorite songs, "Standing Outside the Fire," by Garth Brooks. Being a dancer, I thought this applied so well to my life! Essentially, the song is about living life to the fullest. By "standing outside the fire," one is simply going through the motions, and not getting the most out of our time on Earth. That has become my own personal theme. Sure, it is easy enough to think that if you never try, then you never fail, but come on...who really wants to live like that? One of my biggest fears is looking back on my life when I'm an old, old lady and realizing that I gave up on something that was important to me. Whether it be something big and life-changing, or small and insignificant, I don't want to become the type of person who takes the easy way out because it's convenient and safe. In the words of Garth Brooks, we need to "dance within the flame!" So get out there people! Go try something new, and don't be afraid to fail! If you never take a risk, you will never realize your full potential. And sure, there will be many people waiting to put you down the second you fall, but that failure won't be the end of the road. I promise. It's simply one baby step in right direction on your journey to success! As much as I would like to continue writing, I don't want this post to become a novel. So I will end it with a quote:

"Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have." -Louis E. Boone

I wish you the best of luck!

*virtual hug*
-Bre


No comments:

Post a Comment